Permanent Residency in Australia After Studies – IOE
As an international student in Australia, you will normally need to follow these steps in order to become a Permanent Resident (PR) in that country:
- If you want to study in Australia, you need first to secure a student visa and then register for a class at an educational institution in Australia.
- Complete your studies and *Meet Any applicable Requirements*: *You must successfully complete your studies and meet any applicable requirements, such as being proficient in the English language.
- Complete and submit an application for a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485): After finishing your education in Australia, you will have the opportunity to find temporary employment if you have this visa. It’s a technique to boost your chances of getting permanent residency and build your resume simultaneously.
- Acquire Work Experience: If you want to acquire work experience in Australia, you can do so by applying for a Temporary Graduate Visa. There are many different routes into PR, and the majority of them demand a certain amount of work experience in the country.
- Skilled Migration: If your occupation is on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and you match the points criteria, you are eligible to apply for a skilled migration visa, such as a subclass 189 (Skilled Independent Visa) or subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated Visa). If your occupation is not on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL), your occupation is not eligible for skilled migration.
- Some states and territories have their own nomination programs, and this category is known as “State Nomination.” Additional points could be awarded to your skilled migration application if you were to receive a nomination from the government of a state or territory.
- A points test is used in Australia to evaluate applications for skilled migration. This test is based on a points system. In this game, you can get points for things like your age, education level, years of work experience, how well you speak English, and more.
- Submit Expression of Interest (EOI): Indicate that you are interested in applying for a skilled migration visa by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the Skill Select system.
- Receive Invitation: If you have submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI) that is competitive, you may be extended an invitation to submit an application for a skilled migration visa.
- Apply for a PR Visa: After you have been extended an invitation, you are able to submit an application for the appropriate PR visa. Please provide the relevant papers, and ensure that you meet all of the conditions for the visa.
- Health and Character Checks: As part of the process of applying for a PR visa, you will be required to submit to health and character checks.
- Wait for Processing: The amount of time it takes to complete a PR visa can vary. Hold tight while we make a determination regarding your application.
- Acquire a Visa for Permanent Residence: If all goes well with your application, you will be given a visa for permanent residence.
Please be aware that immigration laws and requirements are subject to modification; therefore, it is essential to check with the official sources provided by the Australian government in order to obtain the most recent information. It is also recommended that you get counsel from a qualified migration agency or consultant so that you may be certain you are receiving accurate guidance throughout the process.
WHY CHOOSE INTELLIGENT OVERSEAS EDUCATION?
Our counsellors are well trained and highly qualified. We deal considering the students’ uniqueness with different qualities, interests, and abilities. We acknowledge the pitfalls and challenges which may arise at various stages of student’s application. We take the time to get to know about the student, their current circumstances, and ultimately their goals, to direct them towards the most viable option. We believe our comprehensive service and reliable guidance will help students to fulfill their dream.
We collaborate with you to make your goal of studying in Australia a launchpad for both career and personal development. IOE uses technology and experience to help you make the best decision possible.