Work in the United States as an Indian graduate.

 In News

Indian students are graduating from U.S. colleges shortly, and you’re one of them! Or you are thinking of going to the United States at the end of your program for work?” As someone who is now a student at one of the nation’s most prestigious colleges or universities, this information is quite helpful. Indian nationals Satya Nadella and Sundar Pichai have built a fortune in the United States regarding technology.

After graduation, your time in the United States is limited to 60 days if you have an F-1 visa. Because of this, you should aim to work legally in the United States when you graduate from school. This guidebook is for Indian students who want to work in the United States.

Start working in the U.S. while you Study.

It’s ideal for getting a job while you’re still in school. Part-time work and internships are excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and experience in a specific subject. Additionally, you’ll have an easier time convincing future employers that you’ve had a lot of experience. You can work legally in the United States if you have an F-1 visa. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services does not require you to seek clearance for many on-campus occupations. You’re allowed to work up to 20 hours per week for students. There’s no better time than the holidays and vacations when it comes to working full-time.

Off-campus employment may necessitate an OPT or CPT work visa. CPT: The only difference between the two is this. Use it for an internship or work experience as part of your education. It’s important to note, though, the 12-month OPT period doesn’t start over after you leave college. OPT allows you to work off-campus for four months while in school, and you’ll only be able to do this for four months at a time when you finish school. Check out this comprehensive resource on working while studying in the United States.

Start working in the U.S. after you Study.

Of course, after you finish your studies, you want to work in the United States. Visas allow you to do this.

Take Optional Practical Training (OPT)

It also lets you work in any job after you finish school, as long as it’s in your field of study. This is preferable to the CPT for international students because it provides them greater latitude in their studies. If you’re an F-1 student who has been in the U.S. for at least one year and studied full-time, you may be able to get OPT. Under OPT, you can stay and work in the U.S. for up to 12 months. STEM students and graduates may be able to get a two-year extension on their work visas.

The best thing? If you want to apply for OPT, you don’t need a job lined up first. It’s an excellent way to make new friends in your field. Getting sponsorship from a U.S. company that wants to hire you on an H-1B visa may also help. Applying for OPT takes a long time, so you should consider how long it will take. The USCIS says that you can apply for post-completion OPT 90 days before or 60 days after finishing your degree.

Here’s how to get OPT:

  • Your Designated School Official (DSO) has to put in a request for your OPT in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, which is used by schools (SEVIS)
  • Your DSO will make sure you’re eligible and make changes to your application form.
  • You’ll then have to fill out Form I-765 to get a work permit. If you need help with this, you should talk to your university.

Before starting your OPT, the USCIS must give the go-ahead for it. Then, you can get to work!

An H-1B visa.

An employer can also sponsor you for an H-1B visa, usually related to your field of study. You can live and work in the United States for up to six years. It’s possible to change your F-1 student visa to this one if you have a job to help pay for your education. You can also use the OPT visa to get work experience at a company willing to help you. With the H-1B visa, you can work and earn the same as your United States counterparts. Then, how might you find a company that would be willing to help you?

It would be best to start by eliminating any companies that don’t want to hire people from other countries. This way, you’ll save a lot of time by applying to companies that will hire people from outside of the United States. After that, you can begin applying for employment! People who study their field should look for jobs that match their skills, and they should also make their resumes and practice for interviews. It’s always a good idea to be as prepared as possible so that you look as attractive as possible to your future boss.

Aim for a green card.

A green card is your ticket to permanent residency in the United States if you put in the time and effort. It may be difficult, but it’s not impossible to accomplish this goal. With or without the help of an employment agency, you can apply for a green card. Long service with a U.S. company and demonstrating to your boss that you are a valuable team member may lead to job consideration. It’s also possible to request one yourself, although there are a few conditions.

Thanks for reading this guide. Make the most of your stay in the United States by having fun and focusing on your studies.

Reach the best education consultant in Chennai for

Join our Study abroad Education Community to get General Updates and clear queries for keeping a step towards success.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Study Visa Canadascholarship guide for Indian students